From Math and Science
Learn the mathematics associated with running a small business by starting and running a small business.
- Reports: 60%
- Quizzes: 20%
- Exams: 20%
- Identifying business opportunities
- Report: Write a report proposing your business.
- Products and service options
- Getting a loan
- Guest Speaker: Mr. Hardcastle
- Quiz: Simple versus compound interest quiz.
- Setting a price:
- Report: Write a report on how you chose a price.
- Product Cost:
- Materials: Identifying the costs of all components going into your product/service.
- Labor: Identifying the time required for design, production, and marketing your product/service, and the cost of that time.
- Market Research:
- Research the prices of comparable products/services to identify different price ranges to see where your product/service will fit.
- Set a price for your product
- Write a report describing your marketing strategy.
- How are you going to sell your product/services.
- Guest Speaker: Mrs. Hahn
- Marketing Options
- Word of mouth
- Online presence
- Advertising: TV, Radio, Newspaper
- Balance Sheets
- Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/housing/home-equity-tutorial/v/home-equity-loans
- Reading and Using a Balance Sheet: http://www.apapracticecentral.org/business/finances/balance-sheet.aspx
- Accounting Basics: Accounting Basics
- Journal Entries:
- T accounts
To conduct an initial public offering (IPO) you need to: